The Problem Story: Problem Management Workshop
Problems are an entirely unavoidable fact of life that take many forms. Whether it be relationship problems, work or school problems or financial problems, it seems like everyone has experienced one of these challenges.
For all of the problems we face in life, you’d certainly think there should be some type of useful guide on how to better solve problems. We also had a similar thought. As a result, we developed a course on managing problems, because we think everyone should be equipped with ways of finding solutions. Hence, Three-Sixty provides a 2-hour problem management workshop aimed at sharpening your problem-solving skills.
What are the benefits of problem-solving therapy?
To start, the methods used in this workshop are evidence-based and founded on the science of Problem-Solving Therapy (PST). As a most noteworthy solution, the American Psychological Association (APA) attests to the rather positive impact of PST.
“Problem-solving therapy has been found to be effective for a wide range of problems, including:
- Major depressive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Emotional distress
- Suicidal ideation
- Relationship difficulties
- Certain personality disorders
- Poor quality of life and emotional distress related to medical illness, such as cancer or diabetes
Problem-solving therapy can provide training in adaptive problem-solving skills as a means of better
resolving and/or coping with stressful problems. Such skills include:
- Making effective decisions.
- Generating creative means of dealing with problems.
- Accurately identifying barriers to reaching one’s goals.”*
* “What is Problem Solving Therapy?” (n.d.). Retrieved from http:/www.div12.org/sites/default/files/WhatIsProblemSolvingTherapy.pdf
What does our Problem Management Workshop include?
Our Problem Management Workshop taps into another old and familiar way of learning new information – through the power of story. You will start exploring Problem-Solving Therapy using a story about three animal characters. While our opossum, badger and fox encounter one major problem, you will likewise learn how to identify your own solution style. Above all, the narrative weaves a simple tale punctuated by powerful lessons and tools everyone can use to solve problems in their own lives.
- 2-hour workshop led by a Registered Social Worker.
- A FREE illustrated book and guide: The Problem Story: A Guide for Finding Solutions
- Identification of your predominant problems-solving style – aggressive, passive, or rational – and when you tend to most use them.
- The 3-Step Solution Guide – a tool you can also use to effectively address any problem life throws your way.
Interested in The Problem Story: Problem Management Workshop?
Use our calendar to select upcoming workshops in your area. If you have any questions, reach out to us. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’d be happy customize our workshop to meet your needs.